Greater Indiana Florida College Booster Club (GIFCBC)
FC Falcon Days Award Application
This award is designed to help young people who desire to attend Falcon Days at Florida College. Awards are provided by the Greater Indiana Florida College Booster Club. These awards are gifts and do not have to be repaid.
Award General Conditions:
- The award is up to $350 (airfare + registration fee or gas/hotel/food if driving) to help with the expenses of attending Falcon Days at Florida College.
- Awards are only for Indiana residents or for non-Indiana residents who attended the 2017 Florida College Indiana Camp, or non-Indiana residents who are members of the Indiana Chapter of the Hutchinson Bell. Awards are typically given to an applicant only one time.
- Applicants must be in the 11th or 12th grade in the current academic year.
- Applicants must have attained a 2.0 average on High School work.
- Applicants must have parents’ or guardians’ approval to attend Falcon Days.
- Applicants must not be receiving fund from another Chapter (or Booster Club) to attend Falcon Days.
- Payment of the award will occur after registration with Florida College and upon receipt of the airline ticket itinerary. If you purchase your own ticket to fly, the Indiana Chapter of the Hutchinson Bell will reimburse airfare. Any upgrades, additional luggage or insurance will not be reimbursed. If you will be driving, turn in receipts for reimbursement. The Indiana Chapter of the Hutchinson Bell will reimburse gas, hotel and food for the student.
- Awards will be given to attend one Falcon Days event in a school year.
- A second trip award may be considered if fund are available.
- If a student is eligible to attend a second year, the Indiana Chapter of the Hutchinson Bell will pay for airfare but the student must pay for their own registration fee.
Falcon Days Information:
- The number of participants in Falcon Days may be limited. Registration will be on a first come first serve basis. Be sure to register with Florida College by the deadline.
- Specific Falcon Days dates:
November 9-11, 2017
March 29-31, 2018
- High school juniors and seniors may attend any of these dates; however, we highly recommend attending the November date as the booster club will be sponsoring an adult couple to be on campus to assist Indiana students in discussions with the college or any other help needed.
- For more information:
FC website: www.floridacollege.edu
Email: Lauren Tharp firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and submit the GIFCBC online application.
- After notification of award, register to attend Falcon Days (www.floridacollege.edu).
- Once Falcon Days confirmation is received from FC, make airline reservations and forward itinerary showing total cost to Jon Babcock (email@example.com).